You too can make one of these Facebook badges. It’s easy and a great way to reach out to others who haven’t met up with you on Facebook yet. Here’s how:
1. Log into your Facebook account (hint: if you’re trying to get the word out about your business, it’s a great idea to create a Facebook account that’s just for your business. That way if someone “friends” you from your Web site, they don’t accidentally get to see your summer beach photos.)
2. View your profile by clicking “Profile” from the top bar.
3. Scroll down and look for the link on the bottom of the left side of the page – Create a Profile Badge” – or just go to http://www.facebook.com/badges.php.
4. Click on the gray “create a new badge” button from the top right.
5. Choose whether you’d like this to show as a horizontal badge or a vertical badge. I recommend horizontal if you want to place this in the center portion of your Web page.
6. Choose which items you’d like to include. By default, you get your profile picture, your name, your email address, and your status update. You can “remove” each of these by clicking the link to the right of each item. You can add to these by clicking “add item”.
7. When you are happy with it, click “save”
8. You’ll see a view of your updated badge, which Facebook will save for you. To put this badge on your Web site or blog, just copy the HTML from this page, start a new blog entry, and click over the the HTML editing view, and paste the HTML into your blog entry, then click “save” and/or “publish”. If someone is helping you make Web site updates, just send them this copied HTML in an email.